Don’t have time to do a really complete spring cleaning? Here are some tips to get your house smelling fresh – fast!
- bake bread — the house will smell delicious all day!
- simmer cinnamon sticks with apple slices, or orange peels in water on the stove
- burn scented candles
- burn incense
- put out bowls with sponges that have vanilla extract on them
- open the windows and let the fresh air in
- sprinkle carpet deodorizer on your carpets, leave, then vacuum
- dried eucalyptus in arrangements smells great
- use plug-in fresheners in hidden locations
- spray your favorite perfume on an unlit lightbulb – the heat will warm up the scent and make the room smell great
- put out dishes of dried rosemary and lavender, or in sachets in closets or drawers
- use a product like Fridge-it to capture unwanted odors
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!